Monday, November 23, 2009

Protest Pending

I could have added a bucket load to my 18 had I kept batting last week, but unfortunately a days play has to end and on Saturday I knew as soon as I woke up that I wasn't feeling sharp.

Sure enough I was bowling by an in swinger after a couple of overs, that I really shouldn't have had too much trouble with.

Again our batting lineup faltered and we fell 14 runs short of a target we should have easily achieved.

But it isn't the last we are going to hear about this game. Manly played a bowler not on their team sheet and he took 2/6 off 6. There is this agreement with Manly that if players get called up for higher grades, they are allowed to chop and change their teams. But we have no evidence of a player being involved in a higher grade game, telling us that Manly are abusing their freedoms.

Now, we don't deserve the points from Saturday and we still may not have won had this player not played, but Manly can not get away with things like this, they just come across as having the attitude of "we are Manly we can do what we want". And it is totally unfair on every other team in the comp.

Also my bowling enthusiasm has been re inspired after watching Glenn McGrath go around on Sunday night. TC will be back this week, I guarantee wickets.

Average: 11.8 (Up 1.5)

Stay tuned to TC Cricket, the TC Ink Backyard Cricket Series has begun. Footage and results up soon. TC, Brick, Davo, Jake battle it out to obtain backyard cricket royalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment