Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Few Runs Hit

It was defensive and scratchy but I needed time at the crease and that's what I got.

I got lucky early on, my first run came off a poorly timed, spooned chip to square leg, just to the right of a fielder. I popped another drive up a little later on but it didn't carry and also survived a couple of LBW shouts. Other than that I was doing quite well, grabbing a few singles here and there to slowly trudge my score along. My main aim was to protect my wicket, the game was gone when I came in at number 9.

I smacked a uppish cover drive through a gap for my solitary four, quite unusual for me considering I was out there for 23 overs. I struggled with spin again, playing and missing at a few leg spinners. Probably just need to stop committing on the front foot so early, need to get back.

I was furious with my dismissal on 17, a slow swinger who was bowling outies changed one up with an in swinger. I picked it early and tried to turn it around the corner and somehow it took my leg stump. Clearly not taking guard in the right spot. To make matters worse, it was the guy who didn't give my LBWs.

But it was a good innings, 60 partnership with Dee who batted superbly for his 60. We'll be pushing for him to open in the one dayer next week at the Plateau.

My average has skyrocketed to 7 and a half, halfway to my goal.

I have started a numbering system with my collection of playing shirts. The first one to be numbered was my shirt from Saturday, "17", for the score that I got. Its time to get superstitious as I find out which shirts I bat/bowl best in!

No comments:

Post a Comment